Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Elder






"Dear Elder Tanner,
      You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the THAILAND BANGKOK MISSION....You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Thai language."

{My father served the exact same mission!!!}

Holy Macaroni! This is the third brother of mine to leave on a mission! And somehow it gets harder and harder with each one. Especially my dearest brother Jameson, he has always been my best bud. Of course there are moments I will tell him things and he will just tell me I'm an idiot, but that's the brother in him.

Jameson is the type of brother that if you kiss a boy he better be the first to know. He watches out for me even when I don't think he cares, when I have those tough days and the tears come he lets me cry it out then gives me advice. Reassures me and shows me he loves me in his own way, although it's not in words I see it in his eyes. He is just the coolest person I know! He is so humble and thoughtful, I cannot wait to see how these next 2 years treat him! I know he will be such an amazing missionary, and will bring the gospel to so many people. The light he already gives off is so bright I cant imagine how much of a glow he will have when he comes back home.

June 12th will be one of the hardest days! I know he wants to go, I want him to go! Its the best thing possible for him, I just wish I could be right alongside him making sure he is being taken care of and isn't stressing about anything. I love my brother will all my heart, he has always been my big brother, the one I look up to most. How will I make it through 2 years?!

I pray every night that he will become strong and bold in this mission to come. He will be faced with so many challenges and struggles, but whatever happens is what the Lord needs to have happen in order to make him the best missionary he could be.

When he finished reading his mission call he gave all his friends hugs and then came to his family, we all gave him hugs and congratulated him. But when he hugged me I had never felt so much love from him, I cant even express the love i have for that red headed boy.

 I love this gospel and what it does for my family, I couldn't imagine my life without the gospel in it. I am on such a spiritual high this week! And going to the temple today just added to it. Its amazing how much happier we are once we have been touched by the spirit or spent time in the Lord's house. I would recommend going to the temple to anyone at anytime of the day! Just go and you wont regret a moment.


The church is true! Don't doubt it for a second :)

No comments:

Post a Comment